Maybe you’re relocating residences and moving into a newly build home…or possibly one that has accommodated several families before yours. Either way, moving into a home that’s new for you offers excitement, change and many decisions to be made. Why not jump start the process of moving to your new place…before moving day? Here’s how:
- Notebook – start one for the new house. Jot down items to purchase or activities to handle. Include eye-catching fabric and color samples, favorite window product brochures and quotes from movers. Carry your notebook with you to have data handy when you need it.
- Floor Plan – sketch one of your new home when you don’t have blueprints. Record measurements of rooms, windows, closets and doors in your notebook. Include distance of window moldings from corners, floor and ceiling. Use measurements or blueprints to make a “to scale” floor plan and determine your furniture placement for moving day. Your movers will love your organization!
- DONATE Before you Move – things like furniture, clothing and accessories that aren’t really needed…or won’t mesh with the motif of your new home. Packing and moving old baggage can be huge drain on the whole relocation process.
- Painting – Rooms, Closets & Ceilings that don’t fit with your existing decor ideas…before the move! It’s so much easier when there are no heavy furnishings to move and the window treatments of your dreams aren’t yet in place.
- Kitchen Cupboards, Drawers & Closet Shelves – Clean and paper the inside of each.
- Floor Coverings – replace old worn out coverings…or clean carpets before your furniture arrives. Nothing like a fresh, clean, new home for your family!
- Room Light – On a sunny day, visit the new home a take notes on how light shines into each room. Jot down quick ideas about which window coverings will make the room most usable and comfortable?
Window coverings make an enormous difference in reflecting your personality & style…and your overall enjoyment of your home. They offer privacy, enhance light quality, add beauty…They even help reduce utility bills. Blinds, shades, shutters and drapery are classic treatments that bring style into a room without overpowering it. They’ll last and be valued as long as you own your home! Whether your new home reflects the tastes of previous owners…or is brand spanking new…you can imbue it with your own personal decorating touch with Allied Drapery Service & Hunter Douglas.