Why spend the energy to swap out your old traditional window coverings for a more contemporary motorized variety? Here are a few reasons to stimulate your thinking:
The reality is that Motorized window treatments have become increasingly extremely popular in the past few years. It has much to do with how home automation manufacturers have provided seamless integration with many well known window window treatment manufacturers like Hunter Douglas, Lutron and Somfy. For example…this integration enables the shades and drapes to move in concert with other subsystems, like lighting, music, and heating and cooling equipment.
Need more stimulation and motivation? Here are 10 more practical reasons to consider motorized shades for your home or office.
- Energy efficiency and privacy protection equally achieved. On sunny Summer days…your home’s air conditioner can operate more efficiently. In fact, the shades can position themselves automatically based on the time of day or the intensity of the sun.
- Help protect your home from burglars and vandals. When window treatments move throughout the day, makes you house appear as if someone is at home. In other words, it gives it a “lived-in” look—an effective deterrent against burglars.
- Enhanced aesthetics over manual shades and drapes. Attached to a motorized rod, track, or roller, window treatments lift, lower and traverse left and right without any tugging of a cord necessary. Minus pull cords, you window treatments evoke a look that’s clean and modern. Moreover, the window treatments can be synchronized to start and stop in unison and to line up perfectly across the window.
- Quiet, smooth, and precise operation. These high tech manufacturers have developed units that are virtually noise-free.
- More safe environment for your family. Manual pull cords…and children & pets often don’t play well together…and can be down right dangerous.